PHD (Pattison Horswell Durden) is a part of the Media Direction Group (BBDO Group Holding). The Company was founded in London in 1990 while the Russian PHD office was set up in 2006.
The agency is specializing in the following services:
- Strategic and tactical media planning, development of integrated communication strategies and cross-media projects
- Development and implementation of buying strategies for all media types, campaign optimization through innovative tools
- Media analytics and in-depth analysis of campaign effectiveness
- Econometric modeling
PHD is known for its innovative solutions in the area of media service and always looks for the best approach to solve client challenges. To promote it, the “Source” strategic planning cloud platform was launched in 2013, allowing to unite PHD employees throughout the world to work on client campaigns. The platform is based on gaming mechanics where PHD employees all over the world can contribute to develop a strategy, proposing ideas in real time. On the one hand, gamification encourages a more creative and interactive approach to planning, on the other hand, the clients get a team of more than 3000 people to work on their briefs. The “Source” platform is designed on the base of the latest technologies in the field of marketing and involves three main areas:
- The latest research in behavioral economics, including product architecture / service choice
- Research in the field of neuromarketing
- The latest developments in the area of marketing meta-analysis, in particular, studies conducted by the Marketing Ehrenberg Bass Institute
The International PHD network is a part of Omnicom Media Group (OMG), a media unit of Omnicom Holdings, Inc. Currently the network has 80 offices in more than 66 countries all over the world.
The PHD network got the “Global Network of Media Agencies of the Year” award for the second time at the Cristal Awards Festival in 2014 and was named the most creative agency based on results of a global survey carried out among advertisers, consultants, agencies, agency managers and media technology companies by the International Media Image Survey (I-MIS).
In the Effie Index rating PHD network took 5th place in the category among the most efficient media agencies. In 2014 PHD Network won 360 international, regional and local awards which is 30% more than last year.
At the “Cannes Lions” international advertising festival PHD became the most awarded network (48 awards, including 4 of 5 Gold Media Lions) and was established the best Mediaset at “Spikes Asia” – the largest creative festival in the Asia and Pacific region creative communication industry.
In 2012 PHD became the "International Agency of the Year" according to Adweek.